Friday, May 8, 2015

7 Lessons from a Month of Crushing



Hey People!
{L. Here}So I have a crush right now that's different from any I have had before. Any other crush I have had has been painfully unrealistic and obviously harmful. Because crushing on the specific guy was always a problem for me I thought that was the only problem with my crushes. Now that I like a guy near my own age who really seems to love Jesus and want to be my friend I am realizing things about crushes in general. Here are a few things you might already know that I realized or was reminded of in the last four weeks:

1. I would rather have my crush care about me as a person and love me as the bible commands (“You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Galatians 5:14b ESV) than "like me back".

2. I put being around/thinking about my crush over thinking about/living for God all the time and that's making him an idol.

3. Just because I recognize that I have a crush on this guy doesn't mean that I will or should feel or act that way the next time I see him. 

4. Praying for your crush can be a good thing, but if anyone person dominates your prayer life they might be becoming an idol.

5. The fact that he is near my age, not considered a "bad boy" and technically available does not mean we are right for each other and nothing makes obsession okay.


6. (I learned this before but needed the reminder) Trying to avoid a guy completely to a point of being a little rude just because you like him is a bad idea! (In an effort to not give him to much attention I put energy into avoiding him out of fear. I still don't know what to do but I know one more thing not to do. : / )


Hope this helped someone (or at least gave you a good laugh) .Thanks for reading!
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please keep comments on topic and use respectful language. Thanks for following this blog! -M.