Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Author of My Life

Hi, (E. writing)
I want to start off with a bible verse. 
It's Romans 8:28 'And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.' (ESV)

I know, your thinking- wow, haven't heard that one before! -right?! But hold on! Think about that for a moment. ALL things, not just a few things, not just big things or little things, but ALL things work together for good. For Good. For those who love God. Notice it doesn't say 'For those who are completely perfect and love God', or 'For those who always obey and love God', it simply says 'For those who love God, and are called according to His purpose,' meaning anyone who has received Christ into their heart, as their Lord and savior. If you have given your life to him, then you are called according to his purpose.
Now just because it says -everything will work for good- doesn't mean that nothing bad will ever happen, and your life will be perfect, or that you won't be hurt, it just means that whatever happens, happens for a reason. If you seek God through it, he will always, without fail, turn it for good.
When bad things happen in my life, God always takes them and shows me a lesson to learn from them. Many times its a hard lesson that I honestly don't want to learn. Sometimes it's even something that I think I already knew. Recently He's been showing me just how far He will let me mess up, just to learn a lesson, and to remind me that no matter what I do He still loves me. Yes, there are always consequences for doing something I shouldn't have, but that is to be expected. In the end I'm always glad to know that I can still learn from mistakes and not repeat them.

Another important point is that God is in control. Completely and totally. Because of this we should always give him full control of our lives. (fyi: very very very hard to do)

An important reminder of how much He is really in control is this: He wrote the story. He is the author. I am a character. He wrote my story. I am a piece of art, subject only to how I am made. He knows what happens at the end. Every detail. He knows my likes and dislikes, what makes me happy and what makes me upset. He watched me grow up even as I rejected Him. He has never stopped loving me. Not for one second. He is with me even when I sin. And he has forgiven me for every sin hundreds of years before they even happen. And through all of this I ask myself daily: Why can't I be in control? 
Am 
Not 
Without
Sin
And that is why Jesus laid down his own life for me. 

~E
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please keep comments on topic and use respectful language. Thanks for following this blog! -M.