Thursday, January 9, 2014

What Did You Say Again??

Hi everyone! M. here with a random, funny, and (well, kind of) simplex story. 

(E., feel free to correct me on any details!)


On Sunday night E. and I were at AWANA (a youth group/bible study) and on the way home, we came across a box in the road. It looked full so I drove around it. A couple hundred feet ahead, a truck with a bunch of similar boxes was slowing down. Someone else in the car suggested that it had fallen out of the truck. 


Somewhat sarcastically, E. replied, "Well, there might have been a little fairy throwing the boxes out!" (something to that measure, but it included a fairy!) My brother asked why a berry would throw boxes out of a car, and I was wondering who on earth owns a ferret and puts it in the back of a truck! We had a good laugh when E. finally explained what she had said.


Later, my brother and I went to E.'s house to watch a movie. (It's called "Now You See Me" and I could talk about it for hours, but don't get me off on a bunny trail!) After the movie, E. and I had both consumed a good amount of sugar (Dr. Pepper for E. and a 1/3 of a box of Nerds candy for me!) and we were both quite hyper.


We were in the kitchen, discussing some assignments for school, when E. mentioned that she was going to have to do "a lot of research" for a project for school. Both my brother and I mistook her again! I thought she said something about "water research" while my brother thought she was talking about the lottery!


Anyway, those two occurrences were a funny highlight of my week, but a few days ago I was thinking about them and suddenly realized, that's how we are with listening to God! We aren't always paying attention and the noise of the world around us can cause us to confuse His words for something else. Sometimes, we just hear what we want to hear! We have to be walking with God all of the time and studying in His Word, or we may get quite confused. I hope that I can always be listening to God's voice and knowing (and obeying!) what he says, even if I can't understand what on earth my friends say!


Talk to you later!

-M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please keep comments on topic and use respectful language. Thanks for following this blog! -M.