Thursday, January 23, 2014

Creative Writing Prompt #6 (Randomness Included Free of Charge!)

Hi all!

So....This entire week I would notice at the little blogger bookmark on my screen and cringe. Humble apologies for the lack of posts. I really need to post more. But I digress.

Here's my writing prompt for today. I thought I'd try my hand at some poetry, but I don't think I got the rhythm quite right. Well, I hope you like it anyways.

Writing Prompt #6: The Little Girl in the Window

Her ragged hair hung down in her face,

No smile; she wore no hair bow
Through the pouring rain I could see
The quiet little girl in the window.

A freckled face and haunting eyes
That cut me through the soul,
as much as I'd try, I'd not forget
that little girl there in the window.

The face withdrew and the door opened wide
She was short, and walked quite slow,
The thunder and rain could swallow her up,
That little girl from the cracked window.

I then caught one last glimpse of her
as her frail body shivered from cold
I hoped to help her someway, somehow,
The poor little girl from the window.

...................................................................................................

I guess it's the little things, right? I love clouds. I couldn't look at the sky enough this week.

Uhhh... Yep. That's all I got. Shout out to E! It's her birthday on Saturday!!! (does happy dance around the room) Hope you all have a blessed evening!

M.


2 comments:

  1. your poem...*shivers*...it gave me the creeps--in a good way. Made me want to hear more about her story. Other than a few rhythm inconsistencies, good job! (Rhythm is such a pain. -__- )

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY E!!!!!!!!! XD XD XD Can't wait for the "get-together"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Thanks! I was trying not to make it too "dark" or creepy. :) I hate rhythm. I deal with it way too much in music too.

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Please keep comments on topic and use respectful language. Thanks for following this blog! -M.