Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Creative Writing Prompt #4 (stranded)

   Hey people! E here! This is my first CWP, I hope you like it;)

Creative Writing Prompt #4: Jack Sparrow, Dr. Grant, Paul, Noccoló Machiavelli (author of 'The Prince') are all stranded on an island, what did they do? And how do they get off?

   "We'll friends", Jack decided, "we should elect a captain, I vote me!" 
   "What!? No the obvious thing to do is to erect a prince!" Argued Machiavelli, "I vote me!"
   Paul was looking at them, and then muttered "I think both of those are not very good ideas". "Oh stop it, all of you", Sighed Dr. Grant, "what good is it to elect a captain, or a prince right now? All we are trying to do, is figure a way to get off this place!"
   They where walking along the beach of a small deserted island, in quite a muddle, as they had no way off. 
   "You know", Jack remembered, "the last time I was stranded on an island, I was given a pistol, with one shot, while I watched a man sail away with my ship".
   "We'll seeing as how your still alive", Paul pointed out, "how did you escape?"
   Jack grinned and bragged, "Sea Turtles, mate!"
   "Not true!" A voice suddenly shouted, it was Machiavelli, "you told me, that island was a popular route for the rum runners, and you bartered your way your way onto their ship!"
   Jacks grin faded and he sighed, caught red handed, he confessed "I know. But it sure does Make for a great story!" He leaned down to pick up a stray rum bottle that had conveniently washed up on the shore, but then threw it over his shoulder when he found that it was empty. "Why is the rum always gone? And where's my pistol?" He asked, "did you take it Grant?"
   "Doctor Grant," Machiavelli corrected, "he prefers, Dr. Grant".
   "That's alright, Machiavelli". Dr. Grant replied, "no Jack, I didn't take your pistol"
   "Captain Jack to you!" Jack smirked.
   Dr. Grant continued talking as if jack wasn't there, "you know, when Napoleon Bonaparte was exiled to the island Elba, he just had an army come and rescue him. Do we have an army?" 
   "No, but we do have a lamp!" Jack offered.
   "Ooh! Won't a genie pop out if we rub it?" Machiavelli asked excitedly.
   "Well," Dr. Grant cautioned, "yes, probably, but have you ever heard the saying, 'ideas have consequences'?" 
   "No, but thats a good point!" Machiavelli thought for a minute, "well I guess we won't rub it. Paul what are you doing?"
   Paul had been staring at some of the palm trees on the island for some time now, he suddenly explained what he was thinking, "My friends, if I'm not mistaken, those trees right there are excellent trees for making rafts with. If Captain Jack would be so kind as to lend us his sword, and if anyone happens to have some rope, I believe that we could build a raft!" 
   They all stared at him in bewilderment, as it was the most sensible thing that anyone had said since they had been here. 
   Finally Dr. Grant asked, "Now why didn't we think of that two hours ago?"
   "Because," Machiavelli answered, "two hours ago we were debating what the wind velocity of an African sparrow would be if it was carrying a coconut halfway around the world! Oh, and I've got some rope here!" 
   "Oh...uh...yes rope!" Paul remembered, "well, lets get to work!"

*     *     *     *     

   Roughly five hours later, the raft was finished. They pushed it to the water. If you had been there you would have seen quite a comical sight. Once it was floating, three of the men got on board while one pushed it out to sea, it moved so fast, that he did not have time to quickly jump on, and so swimming for all he was worth, he went after the raft. While on it you would have seen one man waving his arms madly about, obviously giving orders that no one was listening to. The other two men were trying to paddle the boat in two different directions. Finally the first man reached the raft, and some order was put into place. Then they sailed of to, who knows where...
               
*     *     *     *

   I hope you enjoyed it! I look forward to writing more prompts, but for now, goodbye!

   ~E

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite types of prompts, with all of the different characters, and this story is, of course, amazing! You bring the characters to life so skillfully. :) I already can't wait for the next one!
    -M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! XD That was great! *cough* Dr.Grant-lol*cough* Hope to see more of your writing in the days to come! :)
    oh--I saw your "thanks for visiting" thing on the sidebar...can copy that on my blog? o_o me like! ;]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! None of this is really "our" stuff anyways... :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Please keep comments on topic and use respectful language. Thanks for following this blog! -M.