Friday, November 20, 2015

Half a Psalm

Hey!
This is L. with something I haven't really done before. 
I love to talk about the Bible but it is really awesome without my explanation and God's words are always better than mine. 
With that in mind I just want to share a passage from the Bible with you today. I find it hard to read the bible sometimes so maybe this will help you. it's just six verses and I would love to hear what you get out of it.





 
 My soul is cast down within me;
  therefore I remember you
 from the land of Jordan and of Hermon,
  from Mount Mizar.
 Deep calls to deep
  at the roar of your waterfalls;
 all your breakers and your waves
  have gone over me.
 By day the LORD commands his steadfast love,
  and at night his song is with me,
  a prayer to the God of my life.
 I say to God, my rock:
  “Why have you forgotten me?
 Why do I go mourning
  because of the oppression of the enemy?”
 As with a deadly wound in my bones,
  my adversaries taunt me,
 while they say to me all the day long,
  “Where is your God?”
 
 
 Why are you cast down, O my soul,
  and why are you in turmoil within me?
 Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
  my salvation and my God.
 

(Psalm 42:6-11 ESV)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please keep comments on topic and use respectful language. Thanks for following this blog! -M.