Friday, November 13, 2015

With All



Hey People!
I am so happy to be writing a blog post again. I have had some inspiration recently but some of it was for things that require research and honestly I have been too lazy to do it. I've also been busy but that's not what I am here to write about.
Basically I just want to share a bible verse and how it has gotten me more excited about my life. Ready? Here it is:

“And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require of you, but to fear 

the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God

 with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments and 

statutes of the LORD, which I am commanding you today for your good?"

 (Deuteronomy 10:12-13 ESV)


I nearly quoted the entire chapter so please look it up because it is awesome! I just wanted to keep it short and to one point in this post but man that chapter is beautiful! I hope you all know how Awesome the Bible is (even books like Deuteronomy!) (I'll have to share more about that in another post :)
Okay so here is the point: Even one minute where I am not serving God with all of my heart and soul is a moment in sin. 
This hit me really hard as I was reading a few days ago because that don't leave any room for doing things just because I want to. So what if I completely stopped trying to build myself a nice image and just sought God in hopes of being a better reflection and point people to him? What if I stopped wasting time in silence when I know God wants me to invite him into a conversation? What if I read my Bible instead of looking at pinterest when I got bored? What if I even ate healthier and worked out more diligently not because I want to be skinny but because I want to take care of the body God gave me and have it in good shape to serve him through things like dance?
 It would be H A R D  but it would be a beautiful witness and a purpose-overflowing life! So I'm gonna try it. I started something like this with A Living Sacrifice but now I get it a little more. (or maybe this is just a reminder) 
God loved me enough to die for me so how can I not love him enough to live for Him?
 I know I won't do it perfectly but I know almost more so that I am called to serve the LORD my God with all! Will you join me?
-L.





"And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart

 and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first

commandment."

 (Matthew 22:37-38 ESV)

 

“‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were 

either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will 

spit you out of my mouth."

 (Revelation 3:15-16 ESV)

 

  For more verses, encouragement, and ideas to love Jesus with all check out the A Living Sacrifice page

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please keep comments on topic and use respectful language. Thanks for following this blog! -M.