Thursday, May 1, 2014

Creative Writing Prompt #14

 
   Hello people of the earth! I welcome you in peace!(oh never mind)
   Hi everybody, sorry about that:) I think I've been watching too much, 'Doctor Who', anyways, to the point! Or, technically, 'prompt':) oh don't I have such a great sense of humor?! Anyways...
   This Creative Prompt, was really fun for me to write. It's basically one of my homework story's, from a class that I am in. I was told to describe a picture-that I was designated-like I would to a blind person, someone who couldn't see the picture. I thought it would be hard, but in the end, it was really easy! And surprisingly fun:) I hope you enjoy it!
          
          *        *        *        *        *
   It is quiet. The sun is setting, peeping its last rays over distant mountains. There is still enough light to cast long shadows upon the soft, grassy earth. 
   There is a small part of a large forest-somewhere in the world-where the trees grow tall, in long straight lines. Their towering branches reach out to each other, forming a perfect arch. No one knows how they grew like that, perhaps an old farmer planted them, knowing that he would never live to see them bloom in spring. But he planted them anyway, knowing that his children, and grand children would. 
   Mysteriously, all the trees are perfectly groomed, and beneath the tall formed arch, are three small pine trees. They stood, lonely and forgotten. But they stood proudly, as if they were waiting to see a young child's face, light up with joy at the sight of them being hung with string popcorn, pretty lights, and glass ornaments, for Christmas Day. 
   Just above the small trees, are little designs trimmed out of the tree leaves, it is said that they grow in that way, to remember the farmer who planted them.
              *       *       *       *       *
Ta-da! Please comment on how you liked it! And here is the picture that I had to describe:

Bi! (Typo?nope! It's a combination of 'hi' and 'bye'-bi! Crazy weird right?) 
Anyway,:) bi! Until next time. 
~E

1 comment:

I love hearing from you! Please keep comments on topic and use respectful language. Thanks for following this blog! -M.