Sunday, April 27, 2014

Guest Post - Broken Heart

Hi everyone! M. here to share another wonderful friend of mine! Well, not share her, rather, she wrote a wonderful post to share on our blog! Her name is Lucille Maria and she's a writer at heart. (Like me!)

Here you go! Hope you enjoy it!

***********************************

         I am sitting, shivering on a lonely curb, gazing emptily at the broken heart in my hands. Tears slip down my cheeks as I study its cracked surface. A raindrop falls forlornly on my head, yet I hardly notice its cold sensation as my mind reels, its wheels spinning faster than I can keep up with.
   Maybe...maybe if I just call him back...
   You fool! my mind scolds. He's the one who broke it; he won't fix it!
    No... raindrops roll down my neck and in rivulets between my sneakers. It was my fault. And maybe...if I heal his....he'll heal mine.
    I sniff back the tears pooling in my eyes, caressing his cold, barely pulsing heart as my own chest aches terribly. And I still just sit there, the rain weighing on my shoulders, making me just as miserable as I felt.
    I tilt my head to the side, my eyes catching  just the right angle as the rain runs down its lonely surface: His broken heart looks like it's crying.
    My body feels like it belongs to someone else as I robotically stand to my feet. My hands slip the heart in my pocket. My voice croaks, calling his name. I call again, louder and clearer. I turn around, my eyes searching the gray, deserted landscape. The tears meld with the rain trailing down my face as the acid of sorrow and regret eat away at me from the inside.
   My feet move in the direction he had disappeared, where he had turned away from me and never looked back.
   I am running, my own cries drowned out by the wails of the despondent storm. I don't know where I am going, but my feet act as my guide as they sprint, my arms pumping along with them.
   Maybe it's not too late, maybe I can still find him, my distant heart hopes.
   I swirl around the corner where he had last been visible, but still I run on.
   I am at an intersection now. The lights blur through the rain and my tears but they refuse to give in to the lifelessness cloaking the streets.
   I finally stop, my chest heaving with sobs and for air. I scream with all the breath I can muster, calling for him.
   My eyes catch the faint outline of a dark smudge far down the street. A person. My hope soars and I feel a slight beating in my pocket. It's him. Not all is lost.
   I call his name, but the shape only dwindles smaller and smaller. He can't hear me. I start running again, running, and running. Time stretches painfully as I strain desperately to close the gap between us.
   A sharp pain flares in my knee as my sodden sneaker slips from under me. I fall hard on the cold, slick asphalt, my head clashing roughly against the ground. I lay still, my breath sending white vapors in the air, my eyes following the bright stars dancing in the stormy sky. I am so tired.
    My eyelids flutter and slide close as water pours around me. Thunder rumbles menacingly in the distance, drowning out the light squeal of brakes and the squeaking of tires on the wet road.
    Then all fades to nothing. 

***********************************

I will make an effort to post a CWP of my own this week! Finals are coming up, so you have been warned... I haven't been keeping my promises very well lately. :/ 

See you guys next time!
M. 

(P.S. How do ya like the new background? I get bored with designs WAY too fast and probably will change it more often than I post!!) :D

1 comment:

  1. O_O..... wow. That was.... beautiful..... *sniffs*... you need to have her post something again....

    btw i love the new layout! and i'll be looking forward to your cwp M! ^_^

    hey, you know a few months ago at Reflections how Andrea and Jenny were talking about giving our hearts completely to God? Well... I wrote a little story when i went home and wanted to email it to them, but I don't have their emails. If you have them, could you email me? thx!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please keep comments on topic and use respectful language. Thanks for following this blog! -M.