Saturday, February 1, 2014

On Recent Movies

Hi all!

Again, humble apologies for the lack of posts. At the moment, academic achievements are higher on my priority list than blogging. But thank you for reading anyway!

Well, here we are almost 1/12 of the way through the year! Only 11 months til Christmas! (Seriously? Where'd the time go???) I really haven't been to the theater in a while, but I thought I'd give my opinion on the past few movies I've seen.

There will probably be SPOILERS ahead. Just a warning.

#1 - Gravity


This movie is vast. It's really a simple setting, and a simple plot. Reminds me of Kaleidoscope by Ray Bradbury. It's really just two people attempting the impossible journey back to safety. 
Yet it's incredibly impacting. The visuals are stunning. The cast (of two people) carry the movie incredibly. The little amount of dialogue used tells of a bigger story. The inescapable meaning in life, in this enormous universe, shine through, as does the beautiful quality of hope. That's really what this movie is all about, is hope. 
Content-wise, there's some unnecessary language and the initial violence is pretty scary. (For me, anyway. I do tend to get scared somewhat easily.)

#2 - Frozen



I can't even talk about this movie without getting emotional. Seriously. What can I say that hasn't been said? Okay, a few things. They may have been said before though. 
First - the music is a-maz-ing!!! Every number is well made and the voices they have on the cast are top notch. I do wish that they had made a final number during the resolution, maybe a reprise of "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?" 
Second - the characters are extremely lovable. It was easy for me to identify with both Anna and Elsa, even Kristoff. And admit it, Olaf completely steals the show. 
Third - the story. I did NOT want to see this movie when we went to the theater. Within five minutes I was completely drawn into the lives of the characters and the plot that followed. It was predictable, up until of course evil Hans betrays poor Anna! I didn't really see that coming.
Content-wise, there's really no issues at all. The lessons mixed in, about not marrying the guy you just met, and the importance of family, are wonderful too. I honestly think Disney has finally produced another movie that will be among their most popular for ages to come. 

So, there's my modest observations on those two movies. If any of you have movies that you want me to share my opinion on, let me know! 

I'm planning to have a new creative writing prompt up by the end of the week, so look forward to that! See you all later!

-M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please keep comments on topic and use respectful language. Thanks for following this blog! -M.