Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Jesus is better! (the problem with my dreams)






Hey all!
L. here! Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I have been trying! 
Before I get to the deep stuff I want to share that I am trying to get into more fiction writing and I think it would be really cool if you could comment with writing prompt ideas for me to attempt and post on Simplex.

My mind has spent to much of it's time consumed by thoughts about guys and I have wanted freedom for a long time!
I am finally finding freedom because of two things  I have been learning. The first is about surrender and the second is a realization that


Jesus is Better! (For you and me)

I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold,
 all is vanity and a striving after wind. 
 (Ecclesiastes 1:14 ESV)

Nothing on this earth is worth your devotion or even time unless it is for the sake of the one who is beyond this world.

"Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth
 of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of 
all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be 
found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law,
 but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that 
depends on faith—"

(Philippians 3:8-9 ESV)
 

Jesus is Better! (For your crush/boyfriend/everyone)

I've also been watching movies, that show me guys who fall head over heels for girls and make me think how special I would feel if a guy (especially my crush) fell for me like that. But I'm realizing that, a guy who loves me more than anything else isn't what I really want in a husband or what I wish upon someone I care about. 

The above verses apply here as well. Guys need to put God first as much as we do! I pray that God will squash the desire in our hearts to take His place in the hearts of others.

A guy  who loves you only for your sake and not as an outpouring of his surpassing love for God and in his strength rather than in the power of the Holy Spirit is not going to be able to continue. How could that end well for any of you? Only with God's help can anyone love unconditionally and only God can love perfectly. If you expect someone else to be perfect they will disappoint you every time but God will always love perfectly. 

  Let me make it clear that I don't mean to say anything against sacrificial love but that God must come first and only he can satisfy the deepest desires of our hearts.

Thanks for Reading! Praying for you! If you have questions please ask!
L.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, 
that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

(John 3:16 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please keep comments on topic and use respectful language. Thanks for following this blog! -M.